Creating an online course from scratch can be overwhelming—but it doesn't have to be! Think of it like cooking: while daunting at first, the more guidance and examples you have, the easier it gets.
In this course, you'll get step-by-step, easy-to-follow instructions for exactly how to create your online course. Think of it as a cooking class for your digital information product—you'll get overviews, video tutorials, recommendations for tools, plus worksheets, templates, and checklists you can use for your own course.
The process has been broken down into seven simple phases, separated into modules in this course:
- THE DISH: Identify Your Topic
- THE INGREDIENTS: Choose Your Learning Materials
- THE RECIPE: Develop Your Curriculum
- THE UTENSILS: Choose Your Platform
- COOK: Combine Your Materials
- SEASON: Add Engagement
- SERVE: Deliver Your Course
In each module, you'll get:
- Core content: featuring text downloads, videos, and audio downloads of each lesson
- Application: A worksheet that guides you through applying the information presented in the core content—everything you need to do to apply the content from the lesson, broken down in steps
- Resources: Additional resources, tips, and tools you can use to apply your new skills
You'll also get access to monthly webinars where you can ask your specific questions and get immediate feedback.
As a Bonus, you get free access to the eBook How to Learn Online: Tools and Strategies to Help You Succeed in Online Courses!
Tammy Bjelland is a learning professional with a background in educational technology and talent development. She's created online learning experiences for dozens of clients—and now she's packaged all that experience for other online course creators.
Above all else, Tammy loves learning new things and teaching others—if you have any cool info you want to share about teaching, learning, or your area of expertise, she wants to hear about it!
StartWelcome to Module 1! (2:16)
StartLesson 1.1: Create Your Expertise Profile (4:14)
StartWorksheet 1.1: Create Your Expertise Profile (4:02)
StartLesson 1.2: Identify Possible Course Topics (3:29)
StartWorksheet 1.2: Identify Possible Course Topics (2:32)
StartLesson 1.3: Determine Course Topic and Title (4:20)
StartWorksheet 1.3: Determine Course Topic and Title (4:18)
StartModule 1 Conclusion (0:46)
StartBONUS Module 1 Mindset (2:45)
StartBONUS Module 1 Nerding Out (3:03)
StartModule 1 Resources
StartWelcome to Module 2! (0:54)
StartLesson 2.1: Identify Common Course Components (8:54)
StartWorksheet 2.1: Identify Common Course Components (0:57)
StartLesson 2.2: Choose Your Course Components (2:24)
StartWorksheet 2.2: Choose Your Course Components (1:22)
StartModule 2 Conclusion (0:40)
StartBONUS Module 2 Mindset (2:05)
StartBONUS Module 2 Nerding Out (5:28)
StartModule 2 Resources
Get started now!
To recap, here's what you'll get with this course:
- Dynamic videos with step-by-step instructions of how to build your course
- Checklists with every single task laid out for you
- A sample development timeline that you can easily adjust for your own purposes
- Templates for your course outline and course materials — just add your own content!
- Free or low-cost, easy-to-use tool and other resource recommendations (plus tutorials!)
- Monthly live Q&A webinars